Frequently Asked QuestionsWhat is Grand Kerala Shopping Festival?
The main aim of GKSF is to endorse and develop commerce, trade and industrial sector of Kerala using the brand value of Kerala Tourism. To make the state of Kerala an international shopping destination is the objective of this 45 days shopping fiesta, which starts this December.
Who are the organizers?
Government of Kerala together with Trade, Industry & Commerce sectors.
What is the role of Kerala Government in this festival?
Entire event is managed by State Government.
When exactly this shopping festival happens?
2013 December 22nd to 2014 February 5th
Where exactly the venues of opening and closing ceremony of GKSF 7?
Participation And Registration Of Merchant Establishments
- Who are the participants? Shops which have registered under Shop & Establishment Act industries and all commercial institutions (except Liquor Shops & Medical Stores selling Life Saving medicines) can participate in the Grand Kerala Shopping Festival.
- What are the benefits to participants?
- Government managed initiative.
- Focused all over the state.
- The largest retail channel.
- Very advantageous season for shopping (peak tourism).
- Huge marketing and huge prizes to customer.
- Right time for product placements.
- Extensive media coverage: Concentrated coverage in Print, Visual and FM Radio inside and Outside Kerala.
- Additional Coverage through digital.
- Advertisement Coverage: Print, Electronics, Digital & Outdoor with identity / logos of sponsors to inform and educate the consumers. Advertisements through big events like Opening Ceremony, Closing Ceremony and Weekly draws.
- Participation of industries and company producing consumer durables.
- Merchant Establishments can develop their own brand value.